- Increase community-based health professions training programs
- Increase the diversity of California's health workforce
- Strengthen colloboration and develop partnerships between institutions with similar missions
- Support communication between community and academic partners
- Record, study, and document outcomes
Health: A skilled, well-distributed health workforce will improve the health of Californians.
Education: Education improves individuals and communities.
Community: Underserved communities have strengths and needs.
Diversity: California's diversity should be reflected in its health workforce.
Collaboration: Collaboration of communities and academic institutions is essential to workforce improvement and distribution.
Innovation: New ideas contribute to success.
- Continuing education programs for health professionals practicing in CHCs and other underserved areas
- Teaching health professionals students and residents to present health information to community members and clinic patients
- Community based clinical training for health professions students and residents
- Programs to expose high school students to college and career opportunities in the health professions